9th Innovation Prize 2017
Launch of the call for projects Innovation Prize 2017.
For the 9th consecutive year, Universal Biotech, a consulting company specialized in the innovation management in the healthcare sector, launches its call for the Innovation Prize. This prize awards young start-ups (<8 years old) and academic research groups developing innovative projects in the field of human healthcare.
This year, 3 prizes will be awarded:
· Biotech Awards
· Medtech Awards
· Digitech Awards (health NICTs including e/m-health, platforms and connected objects).
Since its launch, this competition has benefited or benefits from the support of numerous healthcare companies like GSK, L’Oréal, Pierre Fabre, Servier and many others, as well as internationally renowned academic institutions such as ANR, European Commission, Pasteur Institute and Karolinska Institutet which contributes to its achievement. The success of the Innovation Prize is demonstrated by the fact that among the 34 startups which have reached the final step of the competition, 60% of them raised fund or performed partnerships with an industrial.
The 8th edition attracted more than 250 candidates from 38 different countries, resulting in the selection of two laureates, BioVersys (Switzerland) and Pathmaker Neurosystems (USA). Each one of these two teams received a prize divided between a financial grant and consulting services provided by Universal Biotech.
For this 9th edition, the call for projects platform, Open Innovation Access, opens from February 1st till April 30th, 2017. Project leaders will be able to apply online by filling an application allowing jury members to evaluate the quality of projects according to the following criteria:
· Scientific quality of the innovation,
· Team quality,
· Intellectual Property strategy,
· Project feasibility,
· Chances of success on the market.
After the selection step, Universal Biotech and the jury will reward the three winners at the Innovation Prize Awards Ceremony on October the 9th, 2017.
The Innovation Prize is an opportunity for you to introduce your innovative project to potential partners and investors. Furthermore, by participating in this competition, you will boost your visibility and also get a unique chance to obtain high-quality feedback from experts of the healthcare sector.
For more information, visit the website.
- Science in Space: the Ultimate Frontier A meeting on research opportunities in Space
- Dibattito KITE: In vetta sulla Ande per il futuro dei bambini lungodegenti
- Bioindustry Park Partecipa all’iniziativa Piemonte Fabbriche Aperte 2019
- Lanciata oggi la nuova #CallForStartup Bioupper4, la piattaforma di accelerazione promossa da Novartis e Fondazione Cariplo
- A Trieste prende il via Meet In Italy For Life Science 2019